Monday, March 9, 2009

The Seven Train

"It begins underground, then it shoots out of the tunnel high above the houses, rattling past them like a metal snake. I love that instant when we pull out of the underground tunnel into a blast of sunlight: It's like seeing a three-dimensional map laid out before you."
Chapter 8, Page 61 of Ask Me No Questions by Marina Budhos


I chose this quote because I really like the way Marina Budhos describes the experience of the seven train. I can really relate to it because I don't use that form of public transit very often so I feel the same sort of rush Nadira does. After I read this I wondered if Marina Budhos included this because she feels this way too. I think it would be really cool to have a relation to the author like that, even though it is small. :)

This quote also shows how awesome Marina Budhos is at describing things. I don't really see the "three-dimensional map" relation, but it's still ka-blamo.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty ka-blamo. ;) Yeah, I like this quote. (Remember what we said in class today.)

    ReplyDelete